…Okay, fine. It’s a “Bucket List”. But something in me decided I didn’t want to call it that. So, unless and until I come up with something more suitable, I’ve decided I like “Adventure List”. It’s my list, and I’m going to call it what I want. And I don’t care if some of the items are “impossible”. Why, sometimes I believe in six impossible things before breakfast! Again, my list. So! Without further ado, a list of things I want to do, I suppose, in no particular order:
- Fly. (And I don’t mean in an airplane, been there, done that. I mean, someone get me a personal jetpack, a broomstick, awaken my X-gene, or genetically alter me to have wings. Anyone? Bueller?)
- Dewdrop (somehow the one of two Nutcracker roles I haven’t done, except as Clara in one version)
- Every role in Nutcracker (excepting men’s only roles)
- Clara (again)
- The White Cat in Sleeping Beauty (I don’t care if it’s a small role, it’s a cat, and I want to dance it!)
- Swanhilda in Coppelia
- Lise in La Fill Mal Gardee
- Learn contact juggling (apparently that’s what that cool crystal ball hand movements are called that were done in The Labyrinth)
- Learn the aerial silks (especially that one trick where you run and then you are in the air flying around…yeah I’m great at these technical terms, aren’t I?)
- Participate in the Bay Area Renaissance Festival as a performer (any would be good, and maybe I’m biased since I’ve been going to this one since 2010ish, but it’s the best.)
- See the Milky Way in our night sky without crazy city light pollution
- Write a book
- Participate in National Novel Write Month
- Publish a book
- See a broadway performance on Broadway in NYC
- See Wicked!!
- Go on a cruise
- Befriend a little dragon to ride on my shoulder and be my friend.
- Befriend a dragon large enough that I can ride (flying!)
- Visit all those cool bodies of water (Dead Sea where you can float, the one with the pink water, the black sand, the “glowing sand”, you get the idea)
Ride a camel, because Nana said we should do this because we’ve yet to do itSummer 2016!
- Get in the Guinness Book of World Records for something ridiculous
- Inspire at least one little spark of madness in someone
- Do all that touristy stuff in the Big Apple
- Go on a Harry Potter London adventure
- Go on an LA Harry Potter adventure (apparently some nerd recreated Platform 9 3/4 there too!)
- Fun Fact: The total Harry Potter movie runtime is over 19 hours. Guess who wants to have a nonstop marathon challenge? (It’s me)
- Go on a Wizarding World of Harry Potter adventure with my mom
- and with fellow geek Stephanie
Cosplay at an event.TBCC 2016- Harley Quinn!
- Get a college degree (I want to have the college life experience)
- See a meteor shower
Wish on a shooting starSaw two during ziplining trip, Fall 2016!
- Leave a note for a future reader in a library copy of a favorite book
- Go on one of those cheesy teenage movie roadtrips with my bestfriend
- Record with a camcorder
- Go on a trip with my mom
- Read the longest novel ever written
- Never finish this list
That’s all for now! This list will continueally update as I get new and sudden bursts of inspiration (Read: remember to write things down). This list will always grow and never end, but I hope to use my time and complete as many items as I can.
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Ballerina-to-Be