The dancer behind the blog
Introducing…….your friendly neighborhood Ballerina-to-Be……Ari!
Let’s get some basic, important little things out of the way, shall we?
- I just finished high school, but I will not be attending college next year because…
- …I couldn’t afford college! At least not the colleges for dance that I wanted. So….
- I have deferred enrollment and plan to go to college…at some point soon, possibly (probably) next year.
- I want to (will) become a professional ballet dancer. This is my one big dream and goal that I have been working towards most of my life.
- For the 2015-2016 season, I will be a trainee with Ballet Palm Beach!
- …And living on my own. (With a roommate, but away from my parents, and not in a college dorm. Aah! So much for easing into this whole “real world” and “adulting” thing)
- Part of The Harry Potter Generation (thank you, Queen J.K. Rowling)
- Marvel fanatic (MCU!)
- Disney lover
- and avid reader of books (I love fantasy)
So why create this blog?
There may or may not be anyone reading this blog, but I decided to start it for myself, and because I know that my younger self spent a lot of time reading the ramblings of other dancers on the way to beginning their careers. It’s something I know I would have liked. So, this will be from the end of my senior year through trainee company life, college dance life(?), and To Infinity and Beyond?
Posts will consist of content almost always related to dance (because I have very little life outside of dance), as well as anything that comes into my head, out of it, and onto the keyboard.
This dancer is also a smart cookie! While I will not be attending this year, going to college is definitely a goal of mine! To support my college future:
Feel free to ask me anything, I’d love to hear from you!
–Your Friendly Neighborhood Ballerina-to-Be