When in Palm Beach, go to the beach!
Before anything else……..Obligatory arabesque picture:
Hello lovely people of the internet! In regards to the picture above, I actually haven’t been taking class seriously for about a month! (Scary.) So when I took this picture, I was extremely happy to find that I was not embarrassed to post it! (Go self!)
Anyway, yesterday marked the first trip to the beach here in Riviera Beach, which is a mere 10 minute drive from where I now live. (That’s right, be jealous. I can now be that stereotypical Florida girl.) Yesterday also marked a week from the day I moved in to my new apartment. Yay! So without further ado, below is my new roommate. Say hello to Kaytlyn!
Neither myself or my mother could say that my living on my own wasn’t just a bit worrisome. BUT it turns out that together with my roommate, I can survive! As proof, I sent a photo of our healthy after-beach meal to my mom, and I will share it with you, dear readers, to prove that yes, I CAN eat healthy and take care of myself (mostly!):
So, the all-important questions have been answered:
- Yes, I have moved down to Palm Beach (okay, technically Riviera Beach. Still Palm Beach county)
- I have a roommate, and she is fabulous
- I live right near the beach, and yes, it is the best thing ever
- No, I am not completely incompetent! I can take care of myself!
- In regards to number 4, I am still learning. This is my first time on my own, and I didn’t even get the college learning curve. But as many songs will remind us in their lyrics: I will survive!
We took turns taking beach pictures for our families…I’ll admit her selfie game is stronger than mine.
This has been a post from your friendly neighborhood ballerina-to-be 🙂